Welcome to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Online Reporting System. This will allow you to submit certain types of crime reports electronically and print out a copy for free. In order to file an online report, you must confirm the following:
- If this is an emergency, please do not file an online report- please call 911.
- If the incident occurred outside San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office limits, please contact the appropriate jurisdiction. Our jurisdiction includes unincorporated San Mateo County, the Town of Woodside, the Town of Portola Valley, and the Cities of San Carlos, Half Moon Bay, and Millbrae.
- If you have suspect information, please call the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office at (650) 363-4911.
- If this occurred on a state freeway or highway, please contact California Highway Patrol.
In order to file an online report, please make sure you turn off your pop-up blocking software. You can do this from the “Tools” section in your internet preferences.
- All cases filed using this system will be reviewed by San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office staff.
- Upon review, if further investigation or clarification of your case is needed we will contact you.
- Filing a false report is a crime.
You can file the following types of reports online:
- abandoned vehicles
- harassing phone calls
- lost property
- mail theft
- tampering with a vehicle
- theft from an unlocked vehicle
- vacation house watch requests
To begin your report click here.