Online Crime Reporting
Welcome to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Online Reporting System. This will allow you to submit certain types of crime reports electronically and print out a copy for free. In order to file an online report, you must confirm the following:
- If this is an emergency, please do not file an online report- please call 911.
- If the incident occurred outside San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction, please contact the appropriate agency. Our jurisdiction includes the following areas:
- Unincorporated San Mateo County
- The Town of Woodside
- The Town of Portola Valley
- City of San Carlos
- City of Half Moon Bay
- City of Millbrae
- The San Mateo County Transit District
- If you have suspect information, please call the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office at (650) 363-4911.
- If this occurred on a state freeway or highway, please contact California Highway Patrol.
In order to file an online report, please make sure you turn off your pop-up blocking software. You can do this from the “Tools” section in your internet preferences.
- All cases filed using this system will be reviewed by San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office staff.
- Upon review, if further investigation or clarification of your case is needed we will contact you.
FILING A FALSE REPORT IS A CRIME
You can file the following types of reports online:
- abandoned vehicles
- harassing phone calls
- lost property
- mail theft
- tampering with a vehicle
- theft (theft of electric or motorized bikes and scooters must be filed in person)
- theft from an unlocked vehicle
- vacation house watch requests